Monday, October 3, 2016

I get more and more confused about people's idea of 'freedom of speech', from my limited knowledge I would expect one to say whatever's on their mind, no matter how provocative or obscene. But it seems that even though a large number of people vocally support one's freedom of speech, they also unintentionally or intentionally I don't know try to limit other people's right when they find the content offensive and opposite to what they believe. So I guess freedom of speech in most people's heads is that you get to talk about whatever you want, unless I think it's wrong then I'll try my best to shut you up.

I seem to be too timid to voice out how I feel at times, I didn't really thought about it until an acquaintance pointed out how I know more about a particular topic but didn't gave my opinion. At first I was a little defensive. I said I thought it was none of my business since it's someone else's facebook comment. But the irony is I was the one who inboxed my friend to tell him how I feel that person's comment is inaccurate considering he has never lived in that society before and have no idea about all the gory and ugly aspects.

I guess I just have to keep my mind open, have discussions with people, dare to talk about what is right what is wrong how do I really feel about it.

No comments :

Post a Comment